Friday, February 26, 2010

"Friendly", the first thing I ever knit.

This only took me 20 freaka frackin years to get uploaded! More coming in rapidfire sucession!!

Look at the cute colors. Look at how comfy. This is the first thing I ever knit, and I have named it "Friendly", because there is nothing so friendly as a scarf like this.




I made this the day my friend taught me to knit. I don't even remember how we got on the subject of knitting or why she even wanted to bother teaching me, but I caught right on and was absolutely smitten with it. Now I understand why she was so eager to teach me. There are some things you don't understand until you do them.

Friendly is 20-something stitches wide. It was knitted with a lightweight yarn with US Size 10.5 knitting needles. It's plain old beginner-style garter stitch the whole way through. All my beginner-style errors were nicely disguised by the variegated colors in the yarn.

1 comment: